Our history stretches back to 1950s when Taylor Woodrow set up R&D laboratories to support the UK’s fledgling Nuclear sector. Engineers and material scientists helped to develop solutions to the immense challenges facing construction of the worlds first commercial nuclear power station.
Over the ensuing decades we have continued to enhance our expertise and capabilities.
- 1955 – Taylor Woodrow set up R&D laboratories
- 1973 – Taywood Engineering Limited (TEL) established
- 2000 – TEL renamed Taylor Woodrow Technology
- 2008 – VINCI acquires Taylor Woodrow Construction
- 2009 – Rebrand as Technology Centre becomes a trading name of VINCI Construction UK
- 2013 – VINCI Technology Centre UK Limited formed
- 2016 – New office opened at Westlakes Science Park in Cumbria